The Life Of A Writer – Top ten things you should know about me as a writer
Here’s the top ten things you should know about me as a writer. In no particular order.
1. I love the television show Good Times. I don’t know why. Or what makes me watch it every single time it comes on. But I laugh like I’ve never seen it before. And before long I’m telling people what happened on Good Times, like this is Season 1 or something. Eh…don’t judge. lol
2. I’ve become…dare I say, quiet. My personality was so larger than life when I was younger. If I was in a room, you knew it! But as I’ve gotten older, that’s less the case. I went out with a new friend for the first time some years back and he was like what’s wrong Stefanie? <insert concerned face here> That was so hilarious to me. I then had to spend the next few minutes convincing him that I was indeed having a good time.
3. I heart Simply Lemonade. What in the world is in that stuff? Should I really feel like I’m having a special treat and I’m drinking juice? I swear I hear the birds chirping when I drink the raspberry lemonade.
4. I am silly. I mean slap my knee, fall on the ground SILLY. I like to laugh. There was one year, I’m quite sure I watched Chris Rock’s standup every Friday for months.
5. I’ve read MANY books that changed my life.
6. I’ve really started to enjoy bike riding. It’s so peaceful and serene. I notice so many things I’d never notice driving in a car.
7. I love Thai food. A friend introduced me to pad thai noodles many years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since.
8. I never want to stop learning so I read a lot of business books. Right now I’m reading:
Lovemarks – a book about branding.
Die Broke – a book about a radical four part financial plan
9. I am a shoe addict. Love them. Love them. Love them. Did I say love them? I’ve been rolling with Zappos.com since early 2000. And now I’m VIP. Take that, take that *in my Diddy voice*
10. I like going to open houses in the summer. You can get some of the BEST decorating ideas from model homes. I like to go to the ones in the suburbs because the houses are so big and have so many cool features. Plus, sometimes its great to get out of your regular environment and DREAM a little. *wink* *wink*
Well that’s TEN RANDOM things about me. Share some quirky things about you below. I’d love to read.
Latest posts by Stefanie Newell (see all)
- Ideas To Write A Book – 4 Ways To Come Up With Ideas To Write A Book - December 8, 2013
- Book Marketing Basics – 4 Ways For Authors To Gain Support - December 6, 2013
- Cost Of Self Publishing – Creating A Self Publishing Budget - December 6, 2013
- How To Promote A Book With Blog Comments! - December 1, 2013
- Gifts For Writers And Readers – 10 Cool Gifts For Writers (Sure To Bring Smiles!) - December 1, 2013