I want a book agent!
This month we received a really good question from a reader. Please feel free to use the contact form to submit your own questions, I’d love to answer them!
I hear a lot of people self publish, but I’m truly interested in the avenue of gaining an agent. Question: What would be your advice on which way to go as an inspiring published author.
First of all, thank you for the question, it’s a great one! I would say to first consider what you want from a writing career. People self-publish for many reasons, the most obvious being “full control.”
But agents are very beneficial, even to the self-published author! Your agent acts as the liaison between you and the publisher, theatrical producers, and film producers. They have established relationships and speak on your behalf.
If you are looking for an agent, I would recommend visiting www.agentquery.com. It’s a very thorough site. You’ll get all your questions about agents answered there.
Latest posts by Stefanie Newell (see all)
- Cost Of Self Publishing – Creating A Self Publishing Budget - December 6, 2013
- How To Promote A Book With Blog Comments! - December 1, 2013
- Gifts For Writers And Readers – 10 Cool Gifts For Writers (Sure To Bring Smiles!) - December 1, 2013
- The Life Of A Writer – Mind your own business (NOT!) - November 17, 2013
- Make Time To Write – How Do I Make Time For Writing? - November 17, 2013